According to statistics, most Americans will have at least one accident in their lifetime. Car accidents are the leading cause for death among people aged 34 and under. This can be due to many factors, including drunk driving, cell phone use behind the wheel, and failure to wear seatbelts. No matter what the reason, you may find yourself in an auto accident at the worst possible time – more hints.
Here are eight important Dos and Don’ts to remember for victims of auto accidents. These tips will help you if you are in an accident.
4 Dos for Car Accident Victims
1. If you have been injured in an accident, you should seek medical attention. If you aren’t feeling well, tell your doctor about the injuries. Don’t exaggerate. Be honest about what you’ve experienced and where you need to go for help.
2. Your doctor may ask you to return for a recheck. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
3. All medical bills should be billed to your insurance company. However, this won’t happen until the case has been settled. Your health insurance company will take care of your medical bills.
4. Photograph any damage to your vehicle caused by an accident.
4 Don’ts for Car Accident Victims
1. Do not give a recorded account of what happened without consulting with a lawyer.
2. Signing authorizations to release your medical records is not a good idea. Make sure you fully understand your rights before you grant anyone permission to do anything.
3. Regardless of how tempting it may be, you should not post any information about your accident or injuries on any social media sites. If you have not received prior approval from a car injury lawyer, you should not tweet or post about a car accident. Do not share any information about your accident with anyone.